Skip to main content

Miss. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs.

We completely lied to you last review because today we're actually going to be reviewing Ms. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children which has nothing to do with the clues we gave you on our Loki's Wolves review. For that reason we're not going to be leaving clues on this particular post...




 Emma's Rating: 4.5/5
Ashvini's Rating: 5/5

Emma:
I really enjoyed reading this book.
It was so fun to read with those pictures. I honestly think that there is no other word to describe them other then peculiar. I enjoyed looking at them as I read the story. But it wasn't just the pictures that made this story unique.
As I read about Jacobs adventures and learned more about the children that his grandfather had lived with. There is not very much that I can say without spoiling it because it is so fast paced and almost immediately I was hooked. Anyways if you have not read it and are planning to, (which I highly suggest you to do) then goodbye:)
CAUTION VERY DANGEROUS SPOILERS AHEAD
Only dangerous if you have not already read it.
I found that the book was the perfect combination of fantasy and horror. In my opinion I don't like book that are super scary but their were definitely some parts that sent a shiver down my spine. I loved learning all about the loops and the history that Ransom Riggs has put into these peculiar pictures.
 Also I found the whole relation ship between Jacob and Emma kind of awkward. I hope that that isn't just me but to me it seems a bit weird that Emma is 88 and Jacob is 16 (even though Emma has not aged). I also find it kind of sad for Emma that she has not aged because I cannot imagine what life would be like if never aged (note my name is Emma too:)
I have so many questions like how come only the children were kept in the loop and no one else were their like boundary's?
WELL THAT IS ALL...
Ohh and one more thing I really like the name Emma :) I wonder why? I also wonder where Ransom Riggs got the names because not only is Emma a main character ... and my name is Emma, but Jacob is my brothers name ... Jacob is a main character too. :o which makes Emma and Jacob's relationship even more awkward. Before you can ask, no my sister does not have her own character.
That concludes my review also if you had to skip over that spoiler part take my word for it and read the book. The second and third book are all ready on my over flowing list. Sorry for taking so long Ashvini :/

Ashvini:
That's okay Emma :) Ms. Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children followed a simple concept with many details framed beautifully around it to create a thrilling, suspenseful premise. What I really admired was that even though the concept was simple it wasn’t predictable, at all!  This book also had a collection of vintage photographs as an added bonus that gave the whole story an edgy creep factor. I have to say that the added eeriness really drew you further into the story forcing you to warp through the book to finish it. (This is a good thing by the way!)
The sign of a really good book to me is when you physically can’t put it down and you end up speeding through it, so much that you become a part of the storyline, and days, weeks, months, maybe even years later after you’ve put it down you still remember the adventure so vividly. This book just seems to have done that to me!
By the way, I read somewhere that Ransom Riggs went to film school to become a director, and I have to say that definitely seems to have contributed something because the book had so many scenic qualities and picturesque moments that were pretty and easy to visualize. This added a really nice touristy (I couldn't find the perfect adjective) feel to the setting.
I mean I could go on forever! I just love this book so much! I totally recommend checking this book out if you're into historical, paranormal, or even just adventure!

                               


More reviews coming to a computer near you soon!

Yours truly,
Emma and Ashvini



Comments

  1. She looks like a lonely little girl :( ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dogs - Allan Stratton.

OMG guys! We've missed you! We've literally been drowning in homework these past few months and just had to give the reviewing and blogging a break. We are sincerely sorry for our sudden absence. However, it's summer now, so you can expect tons of new posts in the next little while... :) Photo Source Link: Emma: I had a great time reading The Dogs. First, I have to say that I loved the cover and how it showed the books scary qualities. I just love the look of that blood splattered title. I think that it drew me to the book more than the summary which did not captivate my attention nearly as much as I think it could have. If you are not a fan of scary books this book might not be your forté, but if you do enjoy scary books you are in for a treat. The book was also sprinkled with a little mystery throughout that really made you theorize all of the possible directions that the story could go in. I loved how Cameron (the main character) had to piece together w

Out With The Old - It's Time For Some Changes.

With school in full swing and crisp autumn air rolling in, it’s been about two months since the publishing of our last post. Two months . We’re sorry for that. Truly. Here’s the thing, though... TwoGirlsThatRead is our creative space.   A place where we create content about what we love: literature. However, for too long we’ve been unsuccessfully attempting to continue our regular weekly schedule and have concluded the mission by posting for the sake of posting. That is not okay. We want to ignite TwoGirlsThatRead to its fullest potential, and to do so, we need to make a few changes... Quality over quantity . Our posts may not be regular, but you can still expect a few posts a month...we promise :), but  we want to refocus on presenting the best representation of our ideas, thoughts, and writing. Improve our content . We’d like to spice it up a little. The origin idea for this blog was to create a space where we could discuss our ideas.

Wrapping Up Summer TBR.

Hello Everyone, As we bask in the last month of summer and all it’s glory, as the season comes to a close actually; we’re still holding onto some really amazing and “summery” novels in our TBR. So, as, booklovers it is our faithful duty to...READ THEM ASAP! Like, now. Before summer ends (or attempt to). So, the following novels, as requested by a wonderful reader, are 5 reads that are most definitely to be gobbled up by us before the end of the season. We have each selected two books that we would love to indulge in, regardless of whether or not the other has ANY interest for us to read it, and one that we both mutually MUST agree on. A total of five "summery" books shall be read. An updated post with mini reviews on each of the books shall come soon...wink, wink!                        Ashvini’s Pick: Until Friday Night - Abby Glines. Photo Source: Goodreads Maybe I’m pushing it here with Until Friday Night, as it is a novel following a