Skip to main content

Top 10 Most Anticipated Reads of 2016.

So we decided to do this post after the holidays to bring in 2016... Our most anticipated reads of 2016! Guys, this was hard, because there were a lot of books that we wanted to read, but just weren't anticipating. Keep in mind that this is in order of release. We could never chose favourites!



Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare - March 8
Ashvini: I’m so excited to read this! How is someone supposed to wait?
Emma: Yay! I was so excited when I found out this was a book. By the way, I still am excited.

A Torch Against The Night - Sabaa Tahir - April 26
Ashvini: I haven’t read An Ember In The Ashes yet, but Emma has and she absolutely loved it. I’m going to try to get around to it before this book comes out.
Emma: Oooh… Can’t wait for this, after the last book ended I’ve been begging for more.

The Hidden Oracle - Rick Riordan - May 3
Ashvini: Another Percy Jackson-ish series. TOO MUCH TO PROCESS!
Emma: A little birdy told me we might be seeing some of The Seven. AHHHH!

Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson - May 3
Ashvini: I’m going to admit that I only have this listed because it’s Morgan Matson. Ready for the journey it takes me on.
Emma: Ashvini put this on the list and I’m excited because I liked Since You’ve Been Gone.

The Last Star - Rick Yancey - May 24
Ashvini: *Frantically rushes to finish the Infinite Sea before this comes out.*
Emma: Better be a good conclusion. OR ELSE… Other than that, I’m really excited!

The Land of Stories #5 - Chris Colfer - Sometime in July
Ashvini: Waiting until Beyond the Kingdoms comes out in paperback. I’ll get around to this book after that.
Emma: I feel that this series is slightly dragging, but we’ll see where this goes.

Beauty of Darkness - Mary E. Pearson - August 2
Ashvini: This is another series I’m slagging on, but I’ve already bought the second book and it’s going to get finished really soon.
Emma: ohhhh well I better get started on the first book. If it helps, I am really looking forward to
reading it :/

Furthermore - Tahereh Mafi - August 30
Ashvini: I’m anticipating this so much. The plot sounds amazing, and I could really use that type of high fantasy in my life right now.
Emma: I just read the summary and I have to say that I can’t wait! It sounds super good and I have no idea where I will get all this money.
Tales of the Peculiar - Ransom Riggs - Sometime in the Fall
Ashvini: So I was on Ransom Riggs’s Instagram and I came across THIS. I. CAN’T. WAIT.
Emma: Yes. The tales of the peculiar finally exists. I am super excited because the peculiars actually used it in Hollow City:)

The Hammer of Thor - Rick Riordan - October 6
Ashvini: I’m excited to see where Uncle Rick goes with this series...
Emma: I can’t wait. I am super psyched to see where Rick will take us in this series.
Both:TWINSIES!

Seriously though, we didn’t even plan that.

More reviews coming to a computer near you soon!

Yours Truly,
Ashvini and Emma

Comments

  1. hey TwoGirls ThatRead its me anushka. Nice blog! Also my favorite doctor is the 11th and 10th they are both so AWESOME.And i will check out those books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anushka,
      Thanks for checking out our blog! The Tenth Doctor is our personal favourite as well (partly because he was also in Harry Potter). Let us know what you think of the books!

      Happy Reading,
      Ashvini and Emma

      Delete
    2. Wow i did not know The Tenth Doctor was in Harry Potter!cool!(I am a big a fan of Harry potter by the way) :)

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh! You absolutely HAVE to go re-watch the Harry Potter movies. David Tennant plays Barty Crouch Jr. (You should do a post on that) Thanks for checking out our blog!

      Happy Reading,
      Emma and Ashvini

      Delete
    4. Oh my gosh! You absolutely HAVE to go re-watch the Harry Potter movies. David Tennant plays Barty Crouch Jr. (You should do a post on that) Thanks for checking out our blog!

      Happy Reading,
      Emma and Ashvini

      Delete
  2. I enjoy the two perspectives as well as your ideas on current Young Fiction Books! Thanks for the release dates too. Easy to refer to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this post. Are there any other lists you'd like to see us make? Thanks for checking out our blog!

      Happy Reading,
      Emma and Ashvini

      Delete
  3. Hey! I think these books are mediocre though. You wanna know what my favourite book is?















    Deez Nutz HAH GOTEEM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dogs - Allan Stratton.

OMG guys! We've missed you! We've literally been drowning in homework these past few months and just had to give the reviewing and blogging a break. We are sincerely sorry for our sudden absence. However, it's summer now, so you can expect tons of new posts in the next little while... :) Photo Source Link: Emma: I had a great time reading The Dogs. First, I have to say that I loved the cover and how it showed the books scary qualities. I just love the look of that blood splattered title. I think that it drew me to the book more than the summary which did not captivate my attention nearly as much as I think it could have. If you are not a fan of scary books this book might not be your forté, but if you do enjoy scary books you are in for a treat. The book was also sprinkled with a little mystery throughout that really made you theorize all of the possible directions that the story could go in. I loved how Cameron (the main character) had to piece together w

Out With The Old - It's Time For Some Changes.

With school in full swing and crisp autumn air rolling in, it’s been about two months since the publishing of our last post. Two months . We’re sorry for that. Truly. Here’s the thing, though... TwoGirlsThatRead is our creative space.   A place where we create content about what we love: literature. However, for too long we’ve been unsuccessfully attempting to continue our regular weekly schedule and have concluded the mission by posting for the sake of posting. That is not okay. We want to ignite TwoGirlsThatRead to its fullest potential, and to do so, we need to make a few changes... Quality over quantity . Our posts may not be regular, but you can still expect a few posts a month...we promise :), but  we want to refocus on presenting the best representation of our ideas, thoughts, and writing. Improve our content . We’d like to spice it up a little. The origin idea for this blog was to create a space where we could discuss our ideas.

Wrapping Up Summer TBR.

Hello Everyone, As we bask in the last month of summer and all it’s glory, as the season comes to a close actually; we’re still holding onto some really amazing and “summery” novels in our TBR. So, as, booklovers it is our faithful duty to...READ THEM ASAP! Like, now. Before summer ends (or attempt to). So, the following novels, as requested by a wonderful reader, are 5 reads that are most definitely to be gobbled up by us before the end of the season. We have each selected two books that we would love to indulge in, regardless of whether or not the other has ANY interest for us to read it, and one that we both mutually MUST agree on. A total of five "summery" books shall be read. An updated post with mini reviews on each of the books shall come soon...wink, wink!                        Ashvini’s Pick: Until Friday Night - Abby Glines. Photo Source: Goodreads Maybe I’m pushing it here with Until Friday Night, as it is a novel following a