Skip to main content

The Iron Trial - Holly Black and Cassandra Clare.



Ashvini's Rating: 3/5
Emma's Rating: 3/5
Ashvini:
The Iron Trial was definitely an interesting read. A lot of people are comparing it to Harry Potter and I can see what they mean by that but The Iron Trial had a lot of differences to Harry Potter as much as it had similarities.
There were many different twists to it, which really hooked and involved me into the story and what was going on in it. Whenever I felt that I could sense in which direction the story was heading to, it would turn the other way and make the unexpected, the reality. I really love when a book involves readers like that with such amazing ideas.
However, at times I did feel a little bit disconnected from the book at the really scary or emotional parts. I mean, the ideas were cool and the story was interesting it just felt a little distant. Maybe, it’s because I need to read more of The Magisterium material, and am still fairly new to the whole concept? I don’t know… but other than that the book still had pretty cool ideas.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes magic, adventure, and fantasy. Overall, other than the whole gap between the book and I, I’m glad to have read The Iron Trial and am looking forward to reading more books from the Magisterium series.

Emma:
Before I read The Iron Trial I had heard so many good things about it. Now after reading I can tell you what I thought.  Maybe it's just me being weird and all but I get feelings while I read. Now as we do reviews for more and more books you will begin to notice that I talk about how I feel while I am reading sometimes (I have talked to Ashvini and she feels it to). But while I was reading I felt something. I felt as if while I was reading I could put the book down at anytime no matter what was happening and that the different feelings I get while reading a book were not there. Was it just me or did you feel it to? (Warning: real thought ahead in this next sentence.) Anyways, I had thought that the idea of the whole "Magisterium/Iron Trial thingy" was so cool and different in the way that while I was reading I literally thought: "I know these type of books, blah, blah, blah is going to blah, blah, blah then blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."(I have blocked out the actual thought with blahs so I won't spoil it for you), but as it turns out the story was way, way different. So all you soon to be fans of fantasy, and already fans of fantasy, be prepared for endless surprises!
________________________


Can you guess what the next review will be on? HINTS: It's a YA dystopian novel. It's authored by Jennifer A. Nielson.....

More reviews coming to a computer near you soon!

Yours Truly,
Ashvini and Emma

Comments

  1. Heyyyy this was in the book fair thingy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most likely right. Since this book was recently released and popular you will probably see it in your school book fair.

      Happy Reading,
      EMMA and ASHVINI :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dogs - Allan Stratton.

OMG guys! We've missed you! We've literally been drowning in homework these past few months and just had to give the reviewing and blogging a break. We are sincerely sorry for our sudden absence. However, it's summer now, so you can expect tons of new posts in the next little while... :) Photo Source Link: Emma: I had a great time reading The Dogs. First, I have to say that I loved the cover and how it showed the books scary qualities. I just love the look of that blood splattered title. I think that it drew me to the book more than the summary which did not captivate my attention nearly as much as I think it could have. If you are not a fan of scary books this book might not be your forté, but if you do enjoy scary books you are in for a treat. The book was also sprinkled with a little mystery throughout that really made you theorize all of the possible directions that the story could go in. I loved how Cameron (the main character) had to piece together w

Out With The Old - It's Time For Some Changes.

With school in full swing and crisp autumn air rolling in, it’s been about two months since the publishing of our last post. Two months . We’re sorry for that. Truly. Here’s the thing, though... TwoGirlsThatRead is our creative space.   A place where we create content about what we love: literature. However, for too long we’ve been unsuccessfully attempting to continue our regular weekly schedule and have concluded the mission by posting for the sake of posting. That is not okay. We want to ignite TwoGirlsThatRead to its fullest potential, and to do so, we need to make a few changes... Quality over quantity . Our posts may not be regular, but you can still expect a few posts a month...we promise :), but  we want to refocus on presenting the best representation of our ideas, thoughts, and writing. Improve our content . We’d like to spice it up a little. The origin idea for this blog was to create a space where we could discuss our ideas.

Wrapping Up Summer TBR.

Hello Everyone, As we bask in the last month of summer and all it’s glory, as the season comes to a close actually; we’re still holding onto some really amazing and “summery” novels in our TBR. So, as, booklovers it is our faithful duty to...READ THEM ASAP! Like, now. Before summer ends (or attempt to). So, the following novels, as requested by a wonderful reader, are 5 reads that are most definitely to be gobbled up by us before the end of the season. We have each selected two books that we would love to indulge in, regardless of whether or not the other has ANY interest for us to read it, and one that we both mutually MUST agree on. A total of five "summery" books shall be read. An updated post with mini reviews on each of the books shall come soon...wink, wink!                        Ashvini’s Pick: Until Friday Night - Abby Glines. Photo Source: Goodreads Maybe I’m pushing it here with Until Friday Night, as it is a novel following a