Skip to main content

For The Booklover Tag.


Hello, everyone! We're going to be doing the For The Book Lover Tag today! It's where you get a characteristic or trait of the book lover, and you pair it up with a book. We remember watching this on Bookables's channel at this time last year and loving it (you can watch her video here). So now, since it's the holiday season, we have a blog to do it on, let's get started!




1. A book for the old soul.
Ashvini: I'm going to go with The Railway Children, by E. Nesbit. (BTW Emma, it's one of the only classics I have read. So ha! :)
Emma: Well, I am very short on reading classics, but a fairy tale is a classic right? Then I choose Alice in Wonderland.

2. A book for the young at heart.
Ashvini: Usually, I say Percy Jackson, but today I'm going to go with Harry Potter. Whenever, it's Winter and I'm really feeling the holidays I crave Harry Potter.
Emma: Well, well, well, Ashvini. I choose The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones, because  I am not that old and I can't pick something I read last year, so I decided to pick something I read in the third grade. This book actually started my love of reading.

3. A book for the ones who love, love.
Ashvini: I'm going to go with a recent contemp. that we recently reviewed: Small Bones. A book by Vicki Grant. This book has a really great family dynamic to it.
Emma: I don't really read a lot of romance, so I chose... An Ember in the Ashes, by Sabaa Tahir. I chose this book because it takes place in a dystopian world where one of the main characters is struggling with her family (who she loves) and the other grew up with a mother who never loved him. FYI: There is going to be a movie 2016/2017 ish.


4. A book for the geek.
Ashvini: Hmm... I'm going to say Paper Towns, by John Green. For your world discoverer...
Emma: Speaking as a book geek myself, I must say 5th Wave, by Rick Yancey because it is currently the only sci-fi on my mind. The movie is also coming out in January. If you are the average geek, I would suggest Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordon. Bring on the mythology...

5. A book for the rebel.
Ashvini: The Remnant Chronicles books by Mary E. Pearson. I've got to tell you, our main character Lia, is quite the rebel.
Emma: I nominate Legend, by Marie Lu. Seriously, no one is a bigger rebel that Day, except maybe June. They both have their back stories and June actually once worked for the Republic! (Since I haven't read the book yet, I have no idea what that means... - Ashvini)


6. A book for the fairytale dreamer.
Ashvini: The Land of Stories, by Chris Colfer!!
Emma: Well I am trying to be original here but I guess I'll have to say the Land of Stories.

7. A book for the BFF's.
Ashvini: 1...2...3...
Emma and Ashvini: SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE!! (By Morgan Matson) Jinx.

8. A book for the adventurer.
Ashvini: You know what, I'm actually going to say the Apothecary, by Maile Meloy. (I didn't know you read this book! Let's talk about it soon. - Emma :)
Emma: If you are an adventurer, then you must read City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. Do I even have to explain why this is adventurous. Gosh, just read it! This book already has a movie and it will have a TV show in January:)

8. A book for the joker.
Ashvini: This is actually one of those books that I read whenever I go to the bookstore, so I'm only about a good chunk into this one. This May Sound Crazy, by Abigail Breslin. This one had me ROFL-ing (at the bookstore).
Emma: Well there are some funny parts in Percy Jackson. This is a double win if you are a book Geek too, but other than that; I cannot think of anything:/

9. A book for the thrill seeker.
Ashvini: Right now, I would say any Katie Alender. She's a fantastic writer in the horror department!
Emma: I would have to say much the same *high five*, because she creates wonderful horror stories. I suggest getting Famous Last Words because it was my favorite (Mine too, -Ashvini), but all of her books are just great, in general.

10. A book for the soft-hearted.

Ashvini: Hmm... For this I'm going to say Wonder, by R. J. Palacio. It's honestly quite the tearjerker!
Emma: I choose The Hidden Agenda of Sigrid Sugden, by Jill MacLean because the concept was so beautiful. (Oh... Why didn't I think of that! - Ashvini) It reminded me that you didn't have to cry non-stop to find that a book touched your heart. Check out our review on this book here.

11. A book for the risk-taker.
Ashvini: Risk Taker? I think I'm going to go with Double Identity, by Margaret Peterson Haddix. You really sprint right through the whole thing.
Emma: The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. This book is such a fun read for everyone, and if you have yet to read it; I have a feeling I know what you will be doing this winter;)

12. A book for the beach-kid.
Ashvini: Oooh! Let's say The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen. Aahh... Such a beach-y read.
Emma: Umm...maybe Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs. It is wonderfully faced paced and best of all are the vintage photos. Plus, there is a movie supposedly coming out around late 2016. There are so many book-based movies coming out, that it can't be a coincidence.
               
So, did you find any of our answers helpful. Watch the original tag by BethJune327 here.    


More reviews coming to a computer near you soon!

Happy Holidays, 
Ashvini and Emma



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dogs - Allan Stratton.

OMG guys! We've missed you! We've literally been drowning in homework these past few months and just had to give the reviewing and blogging a break. We are sincerely sorry for our sudden absence. However, it's summer now, so you can expect tons of new posts in the next little while... :) Photo Source Link: Emma: I had a great time reading The Dogs. First, I have to say that I loved the cover and how it showed the books scary qualities. I just love the look of that blood splattered title. I think that it drew me to the book more than the summary which did not captivate my attention nearly as much as I think it could have. If you are not a fan of scary books this book might not be your forté, but if you do enjoy scary books you are in for a treat. The book was also sprinkled with a little mystery throughout that really made you theorize all of the possible directions that the story could go in. I loved how Cameron (the main character) had to piece together w

Out With The Old - It's Time For Some Changes.

With school in full swing and crisp autumn air rolling in, it’s been about two months since the publishing of our last post. Two months . We’re sorry for that. Truly. Here’s the thing, though... TwoGirlsThatRead is our creative space.   A place where we create content about what we love: literature. However, for too long we’ve been unsuccessfully attempting to continue our regular weekly schedule and have concluded the mission by posting for the sake of posting. That is not okay. We want to ignite TwoGirlsThatRead to its fullest potential, and to do so, we need to make a few changes... Quality over quantity . Our posts may not be regular, but you can still expect a few posts a month...we promise :), but  we want to refocus on presenting the best representation of our ideas, thoughts, and writing. Improve our content . We’d like to spice it up a little. The origin idea for this blog was to create a space where we could discuss our ideas.

Wrapping Up Summer TBR.

Hello Everyone, As we bask in the last month of summer and all it’s glory, as the season comes to a close actually; we’re still holding onto some really amazing and “summery” novels in our TBR. So, as, booklovers it is our faithful duty to...READ THEM ASAP! Like, now. Before summer ends (or attempt to). So, the following novels, as requested by a wonderful reader, are 5 reads that are most definitely to be gobbled up by us before the end of the season. We have each selected two books that we would love to indulge in, regardless of whether or not the other has ANY interest for us to read it, and one that we both mutually MUST agree on. A total of five "summery" books shall be read. An updated post with mini reviews on each of the books shall come soon...wink, wink!                        Ashvini’s Pick: Until Friday Night - Abby Glines. Photo Source: Goodreads Maybe I’m pushing it here with Until Friday Night, as it is a novel following a